Polygonauts is a 2D puzzle / platformer indie game being developed by CassioZatara and Douglas Muratore.
We started this project aiming for an innovative gameplay. The game has 3 (the magic number) primary ideas as its pillars:
· a game should represent an engaging challenge with immediate and long term rewards;
· a game should be created by people who love games;
· a game should help the gaming community to innovate itself.
Polygonauts mixes classic game elements with contemporary ideas and a hand crafted physics system built upon Box2D, a widely used physics simulator, composing an unique 2D experience that is familiar and innovative at the same time.
The player will follow the path of a wandering polygon lost in an unknown land, facing physic-based quests in a cartoonish style in what we like to call a "true" video-game experience – a game created to be a game, not to follow trends. A game created for gamers.
· created using GNU/Linux powered workstations (Ubuntu and Manjaro);
· coded in C++ – code
to be publicly released after the game is finished already released (visit our website for further details);
· uses SFML API, Box2D physics engine and ChaiScript;
· all artwork is created using professional open-source tools.